- Rotate your rug every six months to reduce uneven wear and tear.
- Use a rug pad to extend the life of your rug, prevent sliding and to protect your floors.
- Have your rugs professionally cleaned every three to six years, depending on the level of use.
- Lightly vacuum once or twice a week. Use the hard floor attachment and the lightest possible setting. Avoid powerful vacuums that may pull fibres loose from the base of the rug.
- Vacuum the base of your rug occasionally, as dirt can accumulate here as well.
Spills & Stains
- Blot spills with a paper towel or colourless cloth, and do not wipe or scrub.
- When spills may cause a stain, you can immediately apply a small amount of mild soap and warm water (except with sisal / jute / seagrass rugs). Blot excess liquid with paper towel or colourless cloth, removing as much soap as possible as residue can act as a magnet for dirt.
- Make sure you choose a very mild soap free from any bleach or hydrogen peroxide.
- In most cases, warm water and a small amount of soap will take care of spills if attended to quickly. Always check the care instructions on the back of your rug first.
- For further cleaning tips, please contact your rug cleaning professional
Easy care options
For an easy-care option, choose a low maintenance material:
- Non-shed (less vacuuming): microfibre, polypropylene
- Low shed (less vacuuming): short pile acrylic
- Spill and stain resistant (less cleaning): polypropylene, acrylic
- Dirt resistant (easy to clean): sisal